It’s summer time and you know what that means–grilling season! With all of the wild game saved up from hunting season, how can you not find an excuse to fire up the grill? Of course you want your BBQ to be the best in town, so when you get the grill started try some of these amazing, mouth-watering game recipes for summer.
The Best Venison Burger Around
Standard hamburgers can be boring. But what if you make those burgers with venison? Add bacon into the mix and suddenly, you have a culinary feat worthy of high praise. After all, people just can’t get enough bacon.
- 2 lbs. ground venison
- 6 slices bacon, raw, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. parsley
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
1. Cook bacon in skillet and then save bacon and grease.
2. Heat olive oil then use it to cook garlic and onion. When soft, add to bacon.
3. Once mixture has cooled, add all other ingredients, including venison. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
4. Shape into patties and grill.
If you are planning a big 4th of July bash this summer, you will want something to feed a crowd. Nothing says festive like a whole hog on the grill. The secret to a great hog roast is to brine it well.
- 12 gallons of water (to put the pig in)
- 4 gallons of water
- 8 cups pickling salt
- 6 oranges (halved)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 bulbs garlic
1. In a large pot pour 4 gallons water and add other ingredients, squeezing oranges and lemons as they go in.
2. Place pot on high heat until salt has dissolved and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Place 30-50 lbs pig in 120 quart cooler. Add concentrated brine. Add 12 additional gallons of water or until pig is covered. Must add ice periodically to keep pig cool. Allow pig to brine for 24-36 hours before grilling.
Grilled Venison Steak With Marinade
If you are looking to impress, or simply want to feel that you are dining in style when you cook game recipes for summer, why not grill steak? A venison steak with that smoky, grilled taste is a thing of beauty. When you add the right marinade, you have a work of art.
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbs, soy sauce
- ½ a lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs. onion flakes
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried garlic
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 four ounce venison steaks
Mix all ingredients– except venison– in bowl. Pour sauce mixture into a plastic bag. Add venison steaks. Put bag in refrigerator and allow to marinade for a minimum of one hour before grilling.
For the avid hunter, grilling season is something to celebrate and with these game recipes for summer, it’s time to get the party started.